Bulk items will be collected on the scheduled days for the entire Borough. Only permitted items, with the required number of bulk trash stickers, can be placed curbside no earlier than 5 p.m. the evening before and no later than 7 a.m. (by 6 a.m. when summer hours are in effect) on the collection day.
Guideline of Required Stickers:
- Only permitted bulk items, with the required number of bulk trash stickers, will be collected curbside on the scheduled days.
- Bulk Trash Stickers can be purchased for $3 each at the Borough Municipal Complex @ 325 North Main Street
Following is a guideline of required stickers:
|ITEM||Number of Stickers||ITEM||Number of Stickers|
|Appliances-Small||3||Kitchen Table (disassembled)||5|
|Bath Tub (fiberglass)||6||Lamp Table||2|
|Bath Tub (porcelain)||8||Love Seat||4|
|Bicycle||3||Mattress (T-5, F/Q/K-6)||5/6|
|Box Spring (T-4, F/Q/K-5)||4/5||Pallet - wooden (cut in half)||2|
|Carpet (10' x 12' section)||5||Recliner||5|
|Chair - Folding||2||Sink (porcelain)||5|
|Chair - Upholstered||5||Sink (Stainless)||3|
|Dryer - Clothes||6||Stove||6|
|Exercise Equipment||4||Table - End, Coffee, Folding||3|
|Fence - Stockade 3'x4'||1||Toilet||3|
|File Cabinet||4||Wall or Floor Unit||7|
|Gas Grill (no tank)||4||Washer - Clothes||7|
|Hot Water Heater||7||Misc Item - Maximum 25 LBS||3|
**ALL MATTRESSES MUST BE FULLY WRAPPED WITH PLASTIC OR PLACED WITHIN AN APPROPRIATELY SIZED MATTRESS PLASTIC BAG!!
Items Not Accepted
Appliances containing Freon – such as but not limited to refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers.
- Car parts, tires, or batteries.
- Consumer Electronics – computers, printers, peripherals, telephones, cell phones, TVs, microwaves, etc.
- Hazardous Waste - such as but not limited to motor oil, anti-freeze, propane tanks, fluorescent tubes, oil-based paint or chemicals.
- Masonry Items - concrete, brick, block, or stone. Also dirt is not accepted.
- Medical Waste – for Rx medication disposal contact the Somerset County Sheriff’s Office and for home-generated medical waste contact a local hospital for information on the “Safe Syringe Program”.
- Recyclable Items – newspapers, plastic/glass bottles, chipboard, cardboard, textiles, etc.
- Renovation/Remodeling Debris – lumber, tile, siding, roofing materials.
Dumping of items is not permissible in the Borough of Manville. If you witness illegal dumping please report to the Manville Police Department at 908-725-1900.