- Somerset County Therapeutic Recreation Department
Somerset County Therapeutic Recreation Department
The Manville Recreation Department has a cooperative agreement with the Somerset County Park Commissions Therapeutic Recreation Department to provide programs and services to our borough residents. We are dedicated to provide year round recreation and leisure opportunities for people with developmental disabilities who need specialized / adapted recreation programs or inclusion support services. The goal is to promote an active leisure lifestyle that improves social, physical, cognitive and emotional functioning and health while enhancing each participant's abilities. By providing a variety of social, cultural, artistic, sports, fitness, community outings, and special events, participants can recreate in the day, evening, or weekend.
If you have individualized needs, please call the Manville Recreation Department at 908-725-9478 ext. 121, and we will gladly arrange reasonable accommodations for participation in our programming. Three weeks notice is required to ensure that appropriate accommodations can be provided.
For additional information, please visit the Somerset County Parks website.
RecTrac Online Registration Directions
- Open internet browser
- Click on the Green How Do I… tab at the top if the page
- Click on Online Registration in the middle section at the bottom
- Scroll down and click on Therapeutic Recreation at the bottom of the page
- Check the box of the program you would like to select. Click all programs then add to cart
- Click add to cart at the bottom of the page
- Login page will pop up
- Username: Household ID
Password: phone number no symbols or dashes
- Click proceed to checkout
- Click the copy tickler button to approve you are signing up for TR if it appears
- When it brings up your household check box for the individual signing up if you have more than one person to register
- Shows the programs in shopping cart (if you forgot a program and need to add one in click on continue shopping then follow steps above to add additional program by clicking on the TR picture)
- Click proceed to check – if a program does not have a cost, you must still process and checkout to be registered for the class. You will only be charged for the classes you get into. There is no charge for waitlist programs
- Credit card box will pop up if fees are due
- Email confirmation page will pop up
- Click submit so you get an email receipt
- Logout when finished